If you would like to help out with beta testing FB Purity, you are very welcome. Please "Like" the F.B. Purity Beta Testing Page so you can receive news of and leave constructive feedback on the betas, there.
Please Note: The beta testing period for this version is now over
Please go to the main F.B. Purity installation page, to install the latest version of F.B. Purity.
F.B. Purity Beta v13.4.0 - 2nd Aug 2015
- Fixed: "Changed location" newsfeed filter, this filter wasn't working very well previously. Now it should hide all Check-in type newsfeed posts that feature a map.
- Fixed: Selecting the "Top Stories" menu item when you had the "Sort feed: Most Recent" option turned on, was not working correctly. This is fixed now.
- Fixed: With "Sort Feed: Most Recent" option switched on, sometimes when attempting to go to a notification, it would instead take you back to the newsfeed after showing the "Switching Sort Order to Most Recent" message.
- Fixed: Filtering on list pages (friend lists and interest lists) wasn't working for the first few posts on the page
- New: Hide Group Conversations in Chat (Sidebar) option. Previously the hide offline friends option would also hide the group chats, this is now fixed, and theres now a separate option to show/hide group chats. This option is located under the "Chat Options" heading.
- New: Hide Send Money Button (in Chat) option. This option is located under the "Chat Options" heading. (I think only people in the USA are seeing the send money button at present)
- New: Friends Feed and Photos Feed newsfeed menu options (under the Newsfeed dropdown menu at the top left of the newsfeed page). The friends feed is basically just stories from your friends, (no fan page stories), the photos feed, is just photo stories from your friends. N.B if your net connection is quite slow, these menu options won't show up due to a currently unresolved timing issue.
- New: Hide "Edit Profile" link option (under left column link options)
Install F.B. Purity Beta:
- Firefox v19 and above: fbpurity-R.xpi (this version should work with Seamonkey too)
- Firefox v18 and below: fbpurity.xpi
- Chrome : fbpurity.crx
Please Note: In order to install the FBP Beta on Chrome, you need to "Right click" on the extension link, select "Save link as", save the extension to your computer, then open Chrome's Tools/Extensions page, then drag the saved extension from the download bar at the bottom of your browser window, on to the Extensions page to complete the installation. (N.B. If you are using a Mac, you need to drag the file from the Finder instead of the download bar)
- Safari : fbpurity.safariextz
- Opera : fbpurity.oex (Please note: If you are using Opera 15 or above, click on the Chrome .crx extension instead, as the new Opera is compatible with Chrome extensions)
- Maxthon : fbpurity.mxaddon
- Greasemonkey : fbpurity.user.js
Please test it out and leave feedback about this release on the FB Purity Beta Testing Page on Facebook,
Long overdue site redesign
I've decided its time the FBPURITY.COM web site had a much needed redesign
The reason the website is in such a state at present is because I have spent all my time working on keeping FBP itself up and runnning, which i think the users care more about than the design of the website as they don't have to view the FBP website every day, though they are more likely to view Facebook every day. If you would like to help out with the site redesign, make suggestions, help with testing or offer feeback get in touch via the FBP Testing & Development page
I've started by redesigning the FBP FAQ, which was in serious need of an overhaul
Click here to view the new FAQ taking shape
Unauthorised copying or distribution is prohibited.