If you would like to help out with beta testing FB Purity, you are very welcome. Please "Like" the F.B. Purity Beta Testing Page and subscribe to notifications from the page, so you can receive news of the latest betas, test them out and leave constructive feedback.
Please Note: The beta testing period for this version is now over
Please go to the main F.B. Purity installation page, to install the latest version of F.B. Purity.
F.B. Purity Beta v15.1.0 - 16th August 2016
- New: New Easy way to select "Custom Reactions" directly from within FBP
- New: Hide "Whole Left Column", under "hide left column links" heading
- New Hide "Whole Right Column", option under "hide right column links" headings
- Fixed: Hidden left panels on Timeline pages (if "hide sponsored box" option is turned on)
- Fixed: Posts on Timeline pages being hidden (if hide sponsored box option is turned on).
- Fixed: Posts in "Sale Groups" being hidden (if hide sponsored box option is turned on)
- Fixed: Hide "Page Stories you may like" and "Links you may like" (if hide sponsored box option is turned on)
- Fixed: Hide "Send Money" button option
Install F.B. Purity Beta:
- Chrome : fbpurity.crx
Please Note: In order to install the FBP Beta on Chrome, you need to "Right click" on the extension link, select "Save link as", save the extension to your computer, then open Chrome's Tools/Extensions page, then drag the saved extension from the download bar at the bottom of your browser window, on to the Extensions page to complete the installation. (N.B. If you are using a Mac, you need to drag the file from the Finder instead of the download bar)
- Firefox v19 and above: fbpurity-R.xpi
- Firefox/Electrolysis : fb_purity_electro_webext.xpi Please Note: This version is only for testing out Firefox's new Electrolysis feature, if you don't know what that is, don't install it. This version of FBP for Firefox uses FF's new Extensions API, that is compatible with Firefox's new multiprocess architecture (codenamed Electrolysis or e10s for short).Please note if you are updating from a previous build of the FBP FF extension (the non-electrolysis/webext version), this one will not overwrite it, and can't automatically import your old settings, so you will need to export your settings from the old version, then disable the old version, then install the new version and then import your settings.This beta version of FBP should work whether Electrolysis is turned on or off in the browser. I recommend that you use at least FF48 to try this out, but it may work in slightly older versions of FF too, and it should also work in the latest beta/dev/nightlies.If you are using FF48 and electrolysis is not turned on, but you would like to test it out, you can turn it on by editing about:config
- Opera : fbpurity.oex (Please note: If you are using Opera 15 or above, click on the Chrome .crx extension instead, as the new Opera is compatible with Chrome extensions)
- Greasemonkey : fbpurity.user.js
- Maxthon : fbpurity.mxaddon
- Edge : FB-Purity-Edge.zip
Please note: To install FBP on Microsoft Edge, you need to either have the Anniversary update release of Windows 10 (released 2nd August 2016) or the latest "Insider" build of Windows 10 and you need to follow the instructions on how to install FBP on Edge.
Please test it out and leave feedback about this release on the FB Purity Beta Testing Page on Facebook,
Long overdue site redesign
I've decided its time the FBPURITY.COM web site had a much needed redesign
The reason the website is in such a state at present is because I have spent all my time working on keeping FBP itself up and runnning, which i think the users care more about than the design of the website as they don't have to view the FBP website every day, though they are more likely to view Facebook every day. If you would like to help out with the site redesign, make suggestions, help with testing or offer feeback get in touch via the FBP Testing & Development page
I've started by redesigning the FBP FAQ, which was in serious need of an overhaul
Click here to view the new FAQ taking shape
Unauthorised copying or distribution is prohibited.